The following countries do not require a visitor visa in France:
- Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and the Special Administrative Region of Macao of the People’s Republic of China.
How to apply
If you require a visa, you must apply for a Schengen Short Stay visa. This visa allows you to travel within the Schengen Area for a total of 90 days.
Schengen Countries are:
- Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Greece, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
You will need to contact a French Embassy for the required forms and submission process. Submission of forms may also be done at an embassy. Please see List of French Embassies & Consulates
- Completed application form
- Up to 3 passport sized photos
- Passport valid for at least 3 months past date of visa
- Travel insurance
- Proof of funds to support yourself
- Return ticket or funds to purchase a ticket
- Proof of acoommodation bookings
- Proof that you intend to leave the area after your visa expires (job contracts, family ties etc)
This is only a brief outline of the requirements, additional documents may be required. Please contacts your local French embassy for a detailed list of requirements (see list of embassies link above)