The USA has a Visa Waiver Program and countries on that list so not require a visitor visa for visits up to 90 days (see links below). Due to increase security measures, countries on the Visa Waiver Program are required to provide addition information before travel. You must provide this information using the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) website (see link below).
- Visa Waiver Program and List of Countries Eligible
- ESTA Website (you must complete this to enter using the visa waiver program)
How to apply
If you require a visa, you will need to apply for a B-2 type visa (Visitor for Pleasure).
You may apply for this visa online here: Online non-immigrant visa application
- Completed online application
- Passport sized photo (see: photograph requirements)
- Passport with minimum validity of 6 months beyond stay
- Proof of purpose of visit (eg. accommodation bookings, tour bookings)
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself
- Evidence showing that you will leave before visa expiry (eg. job contract, family ties, apartment lease etc)
Other requirements may apply depending on your situtation and country of origin, please contact your local embassy for comprehensive requirements. See: List of US Embassies