How to apply
The US refers to their programs as 'Exchange Visitor Visas'. The application steps vary depending on which program you choose.
For a full list of exchange visitor visas and application steps visit here: Exchange Visitor Visas (we recommend looking at the programs titled work/travel for the most 'working holiday type' programs).
With each program, you will be required to have a sponsor who will need apply for and provide you with a DS-2019 form. You will need this in order to apply for your visa.
To apply for your visa, you will need to complete an online application form (see: Online Application Form) and contact your local US embassy (an interview is usually required to determine eligibility). See: List of US Embassies
- DS-2019 form provided to you by your sponsor
- Completed DS-7002 form - See:DS-7002 Form (only required if applying for trainee or internship programs)
- Completed online application form (see above link)
- Passport sized photo (see: photograph requirements)
- Passport with minimum validity of 6 months beyond stay
- Pass interview at local embassy